Hello all! So please forgive me for this is my first blog post ever! I know its very exciting and I have been putting this off for a very long time, but after speaking with several of our guests over the past week they have convinced me that I should post on here. So here it goes!
I am actually not too sure what to write about and I apologize if it takes me a few posts before I get better at this. I have been asked to blog about the food that I have made at Briar Patch and also the recipes that I have made. I am not going to lie I get my recipes off pinterest.com/cej223.
This past week I made a Cinnamon Baked French Toast. It was super easy and very delicious! Here is how it turned out!
Here is the link to the blog that I got the recipe from. I cannot take credit for it but I highly recommend it! http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/01/cinnamon-french-toast-bake.html
I also just made individual baked eggs. This is an original recipe that Henriette came up with! What you need is individual ramekins.
What you will need:
1 Small Carton of white mushrooms
2 yellow onions
1 1/2 C 1/2 and 1/2 cream
Salt for seasoning
Pepper for seasoning
cheese for topping
What you do:
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F
2. In a medium sized sauce pan saute onions until they are see through
3. Add cut up mushrooms and saute with onions until mushrooms are soft
4. Add half and half, salt and pepper, parsley and simmer for 10 minutes
5. Spoon sauce into ramekins evenly
6. Crack 1 egg per ramekin
7. Sprinkle Cheddar blend cheese on egg white (so you know when the egg is done)
8. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes
This recipe works really well with Salsa to replace the onion/mushroom sauce.
I think this will be all for now. More to come later on!
Please follow us on Facebook and Pinterest!