|Chef Vaughn Skaggs and Students|
These shows are fun to watch, but there is one key ingredient missing: you don't get the chance to actually participate in the slicing, dicing, mixing, smelling and eventually tasting the final product!
Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn invites you and your favorite foodie/travel companion to book a weekend visit with us in January or February 2013 and learn how to bring together a delicious 4-5 course meal with all the flare of a professional chef!
Join our featured chefs, Chef Vaughn Skaggs and Chef Bernard Henry, in our event building -- The Fox Den at Briar Patch -- on these select dates:
January 11-12-13, 2013
February 8-9-10, 2013
Here are the details to further wet your appetite for a gourmet getaway weekend:
- Stay with us 2-nights (Friday and Saturday)
- Enjoy our delicious breakfasts Saturday and Sunday mornings
- Friday night includes a Wine tasting with an expert from a local winery and appetizers prepared by our Chef
- Consider a self-guided or organized 3-hour wineries tour on Saturday afternoon
- Cooking class on Saturday night where you will be invited to do a little of that slicing and dicing, learn tips from the Chef on advanced preparation, holding, and presentation techniques.
|Chef Vaughn Skaggs explains culinary fine points|
At our January Cooking Class conducted by Chef Vaughn Skaggs, attendees will enjoy bringing this 4-course meal to life, savor the results, and take home the recipes to share with family and friends:
Friday evening hors d'oeuvres:
- Smoked Trout, Pecans and Scallion Gougeres
- Creamy Cheddar and Kale Tartlet
- Grilled Flank Steak on a Blue Cheese Crostini and Caramelized Onions
- Saturday evening dinner
- Soup: Honey Kabocha, Roasted Apples, Crème Fraiche and Spiced Pistachios
- Salad: Winter Spinach Wilted, with Warm Brie, Red Onion, Roasted Tomato, Mustard Crostini and Pancetta Vinaigrette
- Main Course: Pride of Plains, Braised Beef Short Rib, Spinach, Risotto, Crispy Leeks with Raison and Cipollini Jus
- Dessert: Warm Cranberry Apple Tart
Cooking class pricing: $95 per person plus tax
We know your time spent with our Chefs will be entertaining, and you may even come away feeling more confident about your cooking skills! Check back soon for details about more cooking classes at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn. Bon Appetite!