Briar Patch B&B Cooking Weekend
Menu for November 19-21, 2010 Weekend
Friday evening hors d'oeuvres
- Tuna mousse on toasted baguette
- Crudité with Asian-style aioli dip
- Chicken morsels with remoulade sauce
Saturday evening dinner
- Appetizer: Salmon with lemon-pecan sauce on crackers
- Salad: Warm wilted spinach salad with pine nuts
- Main Course: Braised Chicken with fresh tomatoes and olives; served with cauliflower purée
- Dessert: Creamy apple cider reduction sauce over fresh apple cake
Our next cooking class weekend at Briar Patch will be January 21-23, 2011. These weekends consist of hors d'oeuvres and wine tasting on Friday night, a two-night stay in one of our rooms at Briar Patch including breakfast, an optional wineries tour on Saturday afternoon, and a four course cooking class meal with wine on Saturday night. Our other cooking class weekends are February 18-20, 2011 and March 4-6, 2011. We still have a few spaces left for the classes so please contact us for reservations by going to our website or call us at 703-327-5911.
As you can see in the photos below, Chef Nancy did a great job in teaching us how to make some good healthy food.